Message from the North Schuylkill Elementary Principals:
Happy 2022, Spartan Families!
We would like to extend best wishes to all of our North Schuylkill Elementary families, for a very HEALTHY and HAPPY NEW YEAR, filled with many successes and continued progress. It is a pleasure to see all of our children, teachers and staff back at school after a long, well deserved winter break.
Just a reminder, that as the snowflakes fly and the temperatures dip, here in Northeastern PA, children need to be dressed appropriately to come to school, and to play at recess time. Coats, hats, mittens or gloves, and boots are highly recommended this time of year.
As we enter a new year, and a new term, we want to thank YOU for your patience and diligence as we continue to navigate through another unprecedented school year. January is always about fresh beginnings and positive change. We love the promise of the New Year and all the possibilities that it offers for our students here at NSE, and the potential for great achievement that each New Year holds for their future.
Winter Spartan Sendoffs go out to Second Grade Teacher, Mrs. Kendyl Moyer, and Elementary Music Teacher, Ms. Rosie Wilson. We wish them well in their next adventure! NSE welcomes the following new teachers to fulfill these roles: Ms. Mallory Mattern, Second Grade Teacher; and Mr. Doug Cole, Elementary Music Teacher! Welcome to Spartan Nation!
Please visit our North Schuylkill School District website for all further information.
With Spartan Pride,
Ms. Janice M. Whitaker, Principal
Mrs. Janel Hansbury, Assistant Principal
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” - Michelangelo
Goal #1: Fostering a Respectful Learning Environment with the FOCUS on Connection, Community and Relationships
To create a supportive and positive classroom and school environment, where every child feels physically and emotionally safe and connected to the school and staff, as evidenced through SEL practices and PBIS plans, and monitoring data, student surveys, discipline and attendance.
Tips to Achieve Goal #1:
• Establish Positive Relationships. Get started early. Build positive relationships with students and parents starting before the first day of school.
• Clear Communication. Speak their language. Use humor, technology, or other strategies to get on their level. Use Morning Meetings, Community Circles, and Discussion Boards to pose daily questions regarding students’ health and well-being.
• Trust. Let your students make responsible decisions.
Goal #2: Providing Students with High Quality Instruction with the FOCUS on Matching Teaching to Student Learning Needs
To teach all content areas with fidelity and consistency, as evidenced through common grading and assessments, shared lesson planning, and shared communication with MTSS/SHIELD Team. Student achievement data will be monitored and discussed in grade level meetings.
Tips to Achieve Goal #2:
• Utilize Effective Teaching Practices. Use rigorous, evidence-based, instructional frameworks that develop learners’ academic, behavioral, emotional, and social knowledge, skills, and habits.
• Differentiate Instruction. Teaching strategies are differentiated, universally designed, and responsive to accommodate all students’ individual learning differences.
• Set Expectations. Messages of high expectations and care for each learner are conveyed.