Parents/Guardians: Please read the following document concerning the upcoming Pennsylvania System of School Assessments (PSSA) at North Schuylkill Elementary. Feel free to contact Maggie Manofsky with any questions or concerns.
On April 2nd, we will be piloting a few changes to the dress code district wide.
Please read the following information pertaining to these changes. Please understand that these changes are only a PILOT and have not been formally adopted by the school board. At the end of the year, the school board will decide if they will approve the changes, based on the data collected during the 4th marking period.
* All shirts must be collared, long or short sleeved. Approved collared shirts include: golf/polo shirts, button-down dress shirts, 3/4 zip shirts, and/or turtlenecks/mock turtlenecks.
* A sweatshirt, fleece, vest, sweater, or blazer, without a hood or pockets is permissible and must be worn over an approved collared shirt.
* All approved shirts previously mentioned may be of any color, pattern, or design with or without North Schuylkill school logo and/or manufacturer’s trademark logo. Words may not be visible on clothing attire, unless part of the manufacturer’s trademark logo. Sports team logos, other than North Schuylkill, will not be permitted.
* Manufacturer’s trademark logo is not to exceed 5x5 inches in size.
* PLEASE NOTE: Colors, patterns and designs must not advocate or promote gang activity, sexual activity, violence, or the use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs, or demean or degrade another because of race, sex, religious persuasion, national origin, handicap, or disability.
North Schuylkill Website
February 24, 2015
The North Schuylkill School District is pleased to announce the launch of our new website. The website has been designed with a fresh new look, user-friendly navigation, and updated with the latest information about our district. All of your favorite features are still available along with many new features.
We hope you will enjoy our new site!
The North Schuylkill website has been designed to work best with Internet Explorer 9+, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Updated Clearances Are Required For All Employees
January 27, 2015
In December 2014, the Child Protective Services Law, Act 435, was amended by the State requiring ALL school district employees to have current clearances.
All school employees, including coaches and extra-curricular employees, are required under Act 435 to provide new clearances every three years. Current employees with clearances older than 3 years as of December 31, 2014 must obtain and provide new ones to the Office of Human Resources within one year of December 31, 2014 (i.e. no later than December 31, 2015).
What clearances are required?
For all Employees of Schools:
Current clearances that are less than 3 years old will expire at the 3-year anniversary, and those employees will need to obtain them before that anniversary, even if that means earlier than December 31, 2015. As is true with the clearances obtained at the inception of employment, these clearances must be obtained and paid for by the employee.
Clearances must be provided to the District Office within the required time frame. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action and can be grounds for termination of employment.
Mr. Lucas is in full swing with the play fast approaching. Recently Harry has had to juggle teaching, the play, changing classrooms, the senior presentations, construction beginning in the auditorium area early as well as moving his classroom two times within two months
March 31, 2015
Event: 3rd Marking Period Ends
April 1, 2015
Event: 4th Marking Period Begins
April 10 and 11, 2015
Event: "Crazy For You"
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: HS Auditorium
Cost: $10 (see cast member)
April 12, 2015
Event: PTO Chinese Aution
Time: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: NSE Cafe/Gym
Event Flyer: Link
Facebook Page: Link
June 6, 2015
Event: School's Out Color Fun Run/5k
Location: North Schuylkill Campus
Event Flyer: Link